Monday, October 5, 2015

Day 5: Memories from everyday moments for later

Memories need to be captured. Not just because its a trend but a reminder of the wonderful way God has protected our children, the way God gave us the grace and wisdom at some of those moments. Its a way to give thanks to God and remain grateful.

Since the boys were born, I have recorded their milestones, achievements, when they were sick, that sort of thing. Of course the frequency has reduced now and not every sneeze and cough is recorded, But I try to jot down things that needs to remembered. New activity, a lost tooth, such things. I write them in a way that I am talking to them. The book will be passed on to them later on.

Some other ways that I keep these memories ;


  1. I have  a book of all the funny things they have said. Its hilarious to go back and look through them. 
  2.  A file with each of their school year and a few worth keeping pictures, first writings, report cards and school pictures. Read here for a post on that.
  3. I bought two copies of Dr. Seuss "Oh the places you'll go", and I get their teachers from every year to write on a page. A memory from each of their teachers. 
  4. I take a photo of all their art work and have it on an app called Artkive. this app also makes all the art work into a nice book. A perfect way to store all the art work without the bulk and storage issues. 

What about you? Do you have a special way to save these memories? I would love to hear them. Please do share in the comment box.

2 comments:

  1. Very new to me.. will look for that app.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its worked well for us... I am going to make a book soon. Hope that works

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think.